PSPad is a great editor for programmers. Instead of using a dedicated Python IDE, PSPad can be tweaked to compile and run scripts directly. Here's how...
- Go to Settings -> Highlighters Settings
- Select "Python" in the left hand pane (if its not selected already)
- Select the "Compiler" tab
- In the "compiler" text box, enter or browse to the location of the Python compiler (e.g. C:\Program Files\Python26\python.exe)
- In the "parameters" text box, enter "%File%" (note the double quotes)
- Put a tick box in the "Capture Program Output Window" option
- In the "LOG parser" text box, enter *file %F *line %L*
Once this is set up correctly, you will be able to run .py files directly from PSPad by going to File -> Compile or using the shortcut (Ctrl+F9).