1. Install SL4A
- Go to this page from your device and click the barcode.
- The file "sl4a_r6.apk" should be downloaded.
- Click on "Download" (you may have to go to settings to allow non-Market apps to be installed)
- Click "Install"
- SL4A is now installed
- Start SL4A
- Press Menu -> View -> Interpreters
- Press Menu -> Add
- Select "Python 2.6.2" - this will download the necessary package
- After the download is complete, swipe down the notificatons area and select "PythonForAndroid_r5.apk" and press "Install"
- Once installed, you need to go to the "Python for Android" app and press the "Install" button within it.
- Various files will be downloaded and installed - eventually you will get the message "Installation Successful"
- Go back into the SL4A app and you should see "Python 2.6.2" listed as an interpreter
The API Reference is essential, and this page also has some useful information.